Launched to celebrate its partnership with Audi Sport, Oris is pleased to present the Audi Sport Limited Edition. As the official watch partner of the Audi Sport teams, Oris takes part in both the FIA World Endurance Championships (WEC) and German Touring Car Championship (DTM). Oris was also part of the Audi Sport Le Mans 24 Hours winning team in June 2014.
Conceived to call to mind the dashboard of an Audi racing car, this new timepiece is inspired by the Oris Artix GT Sport Chronographe, an innovation signed by Oris. Following the example of some technologies used for the Audi Sport racing cars, the case and the dial were conceived for the watch to be as light as possible. The silver finishing is an allusion to the Audi emblematic color. The bezel contour is brightened up with a rubber circle, invented by Oris for a better handling and manipulation of the watch.
The heart of the Oris Audi Sport Limited beats thanks to a mechanic movement with automatic winding, the Oris Calibre 774. Its black perforated leather strip with titanium folding clasp also is an allusion to the racing car competition universe.
Technical specifications of the watch:
– Mechanic movement with automatic winding Oris 774, base SW500, with chronograph function and date
– Multi-piece titanium case
– Tungsten minutes scale top ring and rubber circle on the bezel contour
– Silver dial composed by two pieces; numerals and hands Superluminova BG W9
– Seconds linear retrograde display, an Oris creation
– Red chronograph central hand and sub dial hands
– Sapphire top glass, domed on both sides, anti-reflective coating inside