We keep focus on military watches this week with the brand new Military Heritage timepiece launched by Eterna. The Swiss brand introduces a very special limited edition of the iconic watch: the Majetek.
In 1939, the Czechoslovak authorities asked the Swiss manufacture to create a historical Eterna watch which will then be worn by the military pilots and called Majetek. Each watch was limited and numbered to 1939 copies. This watch has become the Heritage Military and then responds to the specifications of Czechoslovak technical services.
The announcement of a reissue of the Majetek watch has aroused curiosity of many collectors. The watch is launched in two versions with a cushion-shaped case of 40 mm: on model in full steel and another one in steel covered with black PVD. The numbering can be asked from today but the watches will be available in stores only in September 2014.
Two new versions for an historical watch
The Military Heritage 2014 watch remains faithful to the lines of the 1939 version and could be characterized as an exact replica. However, it has the desire to stand out from the original model and give a very contemporary appeal. Unlike the 1939 model, the 40mm (37mm for the Majetek) case of the new model is free of any registration. The 2014 model also differs from the Czech version thanks to a black leather strap and the input of a quantieme. The watch houses the self-winding caliber ETA 2824-2 with 25 jewels and ball bearing.
The second model of the Heritage military watch is equipped with a steel case coated with black PVD and finalized with a brown leather strap. The specifications are the same for the rest of the watch: dial, movement and dimensions.
In the recent years, the interest is growing for watches that have made history. Many fans and collectors are eager to acquire timepieces that have played a major role in historical events and conflicts of the last century.
As written previously, the new Military Heritage Eterna is a limited edition to 1939 copies and it can be booked from now at any Eterna retailer store! Both models will be officially on sale in September priced at € 1,490 for the steel version and € 1,690 for the version with black PVD .
– Case: Polished stainless steel or stainless steel with black PVD. Sapphire scratch resistant and anti-reflective. Screw back. 40 mm in diameter and water resistant up to 50 meters.
– Dial: matte black. Coated with a green luminescent coating Arabic numerals. Central hour and golden with green luminescent coating minutes. Gold second hand. Railroad golden seconds. Date stamp window at 6 pm
– Functions: hours, minutes, seconds, date
– Bracelet: black or brown leather strap with pin buckle in stainless steel or black PVD coated
– Movement: automatic, caliber 2824-2 Eterna. 38 hours power reserve. 28,800 oscillations per hour / 25 jewels
– Reference: 19184.108.40.2068 (steel); 19220.127.116.119 (black PVD)
Military Heritage REF. 1918.104.22.1689 (brown strap)
Back of the original piece with the inscription Majetek Vojenské Správy
Original piece produced for the Czechoslovak army
Photos credits © ETERNA